My Blog List

Saturday, December 10, 2011

We are just mirrors, trying to find us in every person we meet!

Watching rockstar the second time did give me a second chance to go deep into the movie.. And not just get lost in narghis fakhri and her beautiful face!
One thing that hit me during the movie was how simplicity and that intrinsic character is never lost.. What ever the state may be no one can ever leave that one thing! That one most important thing! It will never leave you and will never destroy you rather it will hold u together at the darkest hour of your life!! Yes, that characteristic probably is misplaced at times and that's what I have realized.. All we need to do is seek and find it!!
Today when the world is running to get ahead and at times trying to push another behind, that particular characteristic is already misplaced and in some cases overshadowing the rest!! Because that intrinsic character need not be humane one.. It can also be a self centered feeling which is in the limelight these days!!
It's in the DNA but is it inherited? Or is it developed? Sometimes when your parents don't get or understand your point of view, we all wonder how?? It is so simple and right there.. But why can't they understand?? Why are we so different?? So is this intrinsic character inherited?? Evolution!!! May be that's the answer.. May be! I don't know.. When I look at my mom and dad.. I see a lot of aspects of mine or behavior of mine just like theirs. And then I wonder why is it that sometime I fail to understand them.. And sometimes they fail to understand me?
In friends also we wish to see some aspects of ours.. Just like that song in rockstar.. "you and I are like mirrors and search ourselves in others" and we actually do it - try and find similarities in people we interact with! Why then do we fight with friends? Have arguments and disagreements??and lose them in worst cases? Sometimes it doesn't make sense at all once what you liked so much can irritate you.. Something which you wanted desperately can later bug you so much.. Why does like and dislikes change? But that one characteristic of that individual does not change!
A fellow blogger always mentions about her search for a soulmate and I never thought there is some one like a soul mate!! And I differed in opinion.. And in fact at times had mentioned to her probably the passion u might have can be for a hobby or work or deed or in short 'need not be a person..' Cos I always believed a person will change and a soulmate may never be your soulmate!
But today I feel different.. Not because I have found mine :p. But realization of the fact that .. That one defining characteristic of a person which does not change is what attracts you and if the rest of the package (soul wise not body wise :p) is worse and hopeless yet you want to be with that person because of that one defining characteristic.. There you go you have your soul mate! So go start your google search before pipa/ sopa and rest of world ban your search!!

3 comments:

  1. 1)I LOVE this picture.Absoltuely awesome.
    2)I also wanted to write about Rockstar and Here again(like jab we met)! YOu have already written a post on it....DAMMMMMMM!!!
    3)So now that u already have put in this post.Lemme write Why I love the character Jordan :)-------> He's innocent,transparent,honest and so so passionate. He hs lil innocent dreams,that come true. He loves vehemnetly, doesnt care and is committed. Crazy but so adorable. :) Why I loved the movie inspite certain loopoles-----> *Cos jordan is the most beautiful charatcer sketch I've seen in years * Cos the movie just screamed passion all over *Cos the music was fantabulous
    4)About the soulmate theory. You got it bang on this time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. O btw...By picture...i meant the photograph u've used

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Madhusha! :) looks like I have been stealing .. Rather snatching ur ideas!! But I came out public first :p !! And yeah Jordan actually personifies what I am trying to say in this blog! Music is beyond words! And yeah photo !! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete