My Blog List

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The weaker sex!

Lately I have realized that the smiling face is the prettiest face of a person! This is my experience speaking.. Obviously not talking about myself.. But lately the number of photos I have been seeing .. Thanks to the arranged marriage concept! Going through a zillions profiles on keralamatrimony.com I have realized a smiling face takes off several negatives out of one's face.. Probably because the smile is a very refreshing site and one tends to look at it than a frown!!
Obviously if you have really bad teeth to showcase then probably a closed smile would be better.. I mean the lips should be touching.. The upper and lower not with somebody else's! Anyways the irony in my case is these smiling faces I am looking at would probably be the reason for me not have a smile on mine! I know very pessimistic! But then I wonder why is der so many such forwards about the man suffering in a relationship? Why movies like pyaar punchnama become a hit with every guy coming feeling 'ghosh! That's my story?' girls probably have to take these signs seriously! Or else there will be an uprising just like how you women folks have got 33% reservation! The men will uprise and back a 100 years! Funny part is The whole idea of men and women are equal goes for a toss when women folk themselves fight for 33% extra? Ironic isn't it? I am not saying women folks shouldn't be given that.. I am just saying men were never given anything extra we took it (not right I agree) but we took it primarily because you let us, we didn't want reservations. In western countries probably the women were oppressed by the church as per what a lot of rebellion books suggest but haven't they come out and earned a place for themselves more respectfully! I am not saying you shouldn't have reservations but don't you all feel it's a better way earn it on your own merit?
This tag of being a weaker sex out of the two.. This is something I never accepted.. Yeah go ahead call me an MCP but the fact is women folks are not weak in fact if you look at it neither physically nor mentally (emotionally) we are strong.. Physically one on one kick between our legs even the great Khali will fall! Emotionally don't even get me started on it.. So then why this tag? I shouldn't be complaining nor should I be taking this fight on which I am pretty sure that may not turn out good for me.. But why is that the women folk tend to play this card? Is playing this card what makes them strong? Gone are those days when the wife is ill treated (may be happening in interiors as per amir khan's new show)! But from 95 out of 100 cases it has definitely come down to 15 - 20 out of 100! In fact there has been instances where the women have falsely accused of ill treatment to force money / property out of the guy ! Yeah yeah you might be thinking why am I going out right against women. I am not! I am just saying exceptions today should not be considered as rules and we should probably look at this as a period were we are equals and not weaker or stronger!
Coming back to being the independent one, it is a common scenario in the urban populations today! Is it the education that makes them independent or stress and lack of time of the male counterpart that forces them to be independent. Isn't it something worth discussing about?
I always believe in a quote - 'need is the mother of all inventions' slightly tweak it 'need is the mother of all revolution' yeah! need to be free lead to struggle for independence, need for touch and feel lead to touch phones! Need for speed got you the supersonic plane and need for safety got that project shelved! And similarly the need to sustain a family in the expensive urban lifestyle forced the women to come out. One may disagree but the truth I believe is that! Lifestyle of westerners are really expensive and therefore it becomes the need of the hour! And that forced them toncome out very early. I quite believe this is just one angle to this argument of why haven't the women broken her shackles may be education is a vital portion that empowers the girl in the urban outfit to be independent but then again somebody set the ball rolling by educating their daughter and empowering her which became a revolution similarly it may take some time before we figure out the same and somebody revolutionizes the rural outfit! But till then we fight on!
But I suggest we do our bit, educate the kids join save the children, Balraksha bharat, sishu seva, Protshahan, being human, Akanksha, teach for india! Let's empower the girl child! And in the struggle also not to forget the boy child, we can't afford another revolution to emancipate the boy child!
Jai hind

No comments:

Post a Comment